Monday, November 23, 2009

Crafts with Lily

I have discovered something. I don’t claim to be the first person to discover this, but it’s made our lives more fun the last couple of days – buttons. Lots of buttons! Lily LOVES buttons, and can play with them forever. Which is great, cuz we can get bored doing the same thing every day. So this little fad has been a welcome change to our lives. We get the buttons and pipe-cleaners out at least once a day, and have fun making things. Or in Lily’s case, she chooses the buttons she wants me to use to make things. It’s been good times.

Rachel's 2nd B-Day 215

Rachel's 2nd B-Day 193
I thought I was making a necklace for her, but when Lily saw the finished product, she immediately claimed it was a crown. So of course it became a crown.

Rachel's 2nd B-Day 190
Like so!

Rachel's 2nd B-Day 188
Flowers!

So you other moms out there, any other easy craft/project ideas for toddlers I can use?

Oh, and while I’ve got you here, how about some more recent pictures of the kiddos?

Rachel's 2nd B-Day 195

Rachel's 2nd B-Day 210

Rachel's 2nd B-Day 201

Halloween 409

Halloween 418

Halloween 433
Play-dough has also been making a regular appearance in our house as of late.

Halloween 436

Halloween 437

Halloween 444
One of her favorite things to do is wear our socks… whatever makes her happy!

Halloween 519

Halloween 536
Look at those little lips! He’s killing me!

Halloween 551

Halloween 455
Aren’t these little cowboy boots awesome?!? I couldn’t help myself when I saw them, I had to buy them.

Halloween 457

3 comments:

Natalie Lundberg said...

great craft idea! I am dying over the pictures of Micheal in his hat! and lily's too. Your getting good with your camera! Do you notice a big difference having the nicer camera?

aaron and twyla said...

Emily,
I love your pictures. Michael is such a cuti in that hat, and Lily has grown up So much! I can't believe it! It seems like forever since we've been in touch.... I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving! Aaron and I will be in town for a couple of weeks for Christmas, maybe we could get together for an afternoon...is there anyway I could get your address? We are, for the first time ever, doing Christmas cards....

Kiya Mc said...

Em! Holy cow, your family is adorable! It has been so long since I have seen you! You look great! Love ya cuz!