Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A funny conversation

The other night Lily woke up in the middle of the night coughing and couldn’t stop. We spent about 45 minutes trying to get her to calm down and then fell asleep together in the recliner. It was one of those “mom moments” where you’re tired but you just do what you gotta do because you love your kids and you hate to see them sick.

I’m in the middle of feeding her some yogurt when she looks up at me and says “Someday I’m going to be a mom like you.”

My heart melts a little. She’s so cute, right? She goes on.

“And I’ll have kids, too.”

I respond, “Oh, like me”

“Yeah, I’ll have kids like you. Actually, I already have one kid. He’s sleeping right now. His name is Michael.”

“Hey, that’s my kid!” I laughed, and she laughed with me.

“Yeah, but we can share.”

More Birthday 215

My silly girl. Smile

No comments: