Saturday, January 29, 2011

Beach fun

Ok, trying to find a good beach in Washington in January is an exercise in futility. But I was craving sand and sun and lapping waves and seagulls, so I did the best I could. The sun was actually out and we had no other plans, so I loaded the kids in the car and drove to the nearest beach I could find – which happened to be in Kirkland on Lake Washington. It was such a nice little outing, something completely different from our normal routine. The kids both loved it, and I had tons of fun just taking lots of pictures and watching them play in the sand. We’re going to have to do this more often. Here’s hoping the sun will come out to play again!

Beach play 198

Beach play 210

There’s more grass than sand, don’t you love it? Ha! Oh, for summer and real beaches!

Beach play 202

Cute tired Michael. He fell asleep on the way over, and surprisingly stayed asleep as we unloaded the car. So I wrapped him up and let him sleep on the bench while I took pictures. He only slept for about 15 minutes, so he still had plenty of time to play in the sand and get dirty.

Beach play 207

Beach play 239

Beach play 250

I found my seagulls!

Beach play 219

Beach play 230

 

Beach play 261

Beach play 242

Beach play 243

Dear Summer, please get here quickly!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Nice, glad you could get out and have some fun. I like Michael all bundled up leaning over on the bench. Also the one of the bird viewed from below.