Saturday, October 3, 2009

New Camera!

I just have to say, that my husband is pretty darn awesome… he bought me a new camera! It’s a Nikon D70s and we got it used along with a 18-70mm lens for a great price. I’ve been playing with it for a couple days now and I’m really enjoying it, and also I’m realizing how much I don’t know! Apparently it is as complicated as it looks! But I’m learning, and having a lot of fun while I’m at it as well. Here’s just a couple of the pictures I’ve taken in the last few days.

More DSLR Fun 022

More DSLR Fun 070

More DSLR Fun 093

There were a couple more that I really liked, but I had the camera taking them in a funny format and now I’m not sure how to change them and I can’t get them on here. Oh well. Anyway, these were the three I liked best. It’s HARD taking pictures of Lily and Michael cuz they move so much and trying to find the right setting to let in enough light but take the picture fast enough so they aren’t blurry is tricky. It doesn’t help that I’m taking them inside the house, I really don’t have great light in here. I’m hoping we’ll have a couple sunny days soon and we can go outside and take pictures.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you and your new camera. You should post the tomato and the pumpkin too, I thought those looked great. :)

Emily Marie said...

Those are the ones I can't get to work. They are saved as .NEF (whatever that is) and I can't get them to a .jpeg and when I try to put them on the blog they are super grainy and weird. :(

Katie said...

Oh. That's lame! I would suggest stuff, but I'm sure Ben has already tried everything and is way more computer savvy then me.

Chippy said...

Sunny days in October in Seattle? Are you crazy? :) Actually yesterday was gorgeous. Can't wait to see more pictures!!!

Natalie Lundberg said...

Yeah! I'm glad you got a new camera. the .nef is a raw file. Just go into you menu and change files setting from raw to jpeg and you should be good to go.