Sunday, July 26, 2009

Our Little Sleeper

From his first night here, Michael has been a sleeper. After nursing for the first time, Michael fell right asleep (as soon as he wasn't being poked and prodded and bathed and stuff). I had to wake him up in the middle of the night to feed him, and he actually wouldn't wake up enough to eat. Same thing a couple hours later. We just figured it was the trauma of the birth (it's hard for him too!) and that he'd be more demanding and needy after the first day or so.

But it hasn't changed! Which, don't get me wrong, is a huge blessing. At first though it kind of worried us because I still had to wake him up in the middle of the night to feed him, otherwise he would just sleep and sleep and he wasn't gaining weight fast enough. He's fine now, and I no longer have to wake him up to feed him during the night. But it's very common for him to sleep for 6-7 hour stretches at night. My exhaustion levels thank him, but my over-flowing milk supply does not. :) Hopefully my nursing instincts will notice soon that I don't have to produce as much at night!

Michael's Birth 111 
About 19 hours old, on our way home from the hospital.

Michael's Birth 139 
2 days old.

Michael's First Week 008
Look at those chubby cheeks!! 3 days old.

Michael's First Week 087 
6 days old.

Michael & Family 007
10 days old.

Michael & Family 033
Oops, wrong kid!

Michael & Family 027
13 days old.

What a lazy kid. :)

2 comments:

Stephanie Vogel said...

You are so stinkin lucky!! Lydia refuses to sleep longer than 4-5 hours at night and she barely takes naps...we have to rock her and pat her to get her to nap. man I wish I could get some sleep like you....one day I will haha

Ashlyn said...

Hooray for his leg warmers! :) He's sooo adorable. And Lily is such a big girl! I love it!