Friday, July 31, 2009

Big Sister

Even though she's still working on how to be soft and nice to Michael all the time, it's pretty obvious that Lily absolutely adores Michael. I always had a feeling the whole time I was pregnant that they were going to be good friends, and seeing them together only confirms that. Since they're only 18 months apart I know that they're going to have competition  and fight a lot, but I still can't wait to watch them grow up together. They're so cute together! Lily constantly asks to hold Michael, probably 5 times a day, and gets really upset when she can't. So here are some of my favorite pictures of my two favorite kids!

Michael's Birth 076
Lily's huge smile at seeing Michael for the first time. She walked into the hospital room to see us for the first time after the birth, and she immediately started saying "Michael, Michael!" and it was just like she knew exactly what to expect. She never seemed to think it was weird that I no longer had a huge belly either.

Michael's Birth 091
I think she was trying to let Michael give her a kiss. She does that all the time now, actually, puts her cheek up to Michael and yells "Kiss, kiss!"

Michael's First Week 046 
Look at those squinty eyes!

Michael's First Week 061

Michael's First Week 178
This is Lily's "silly face."

Michael & Family 092 

These are just a handful of the times she's asked to hold Michael. Half of the time she just starts squirming away immediately, but the other half she gets a huge smile on her face and starts kissing him and playing with his toes and tickling him. He puts up with it pretty well for the most part. Sometimes it even seems to calm him down to be with her. It's pretty cute. Having two is kind of crazy, especially so close in age and so young right now. But it's also pretty wonderful, and I'm so grateful for them both.

2 comments:

Natalie Lundberg said...

CUTE. cute. cute. How fun to watch them together! I'm amazed that Lily can say "Micheal" doesn't seem like the easiest work to say!

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, what beautiful babies you have! Congrats!