Saturday, May 30, 2009

Colorado

For Ben's Mother's Day present to his mom, we decided to go visit his parents in Littleton, Colorado. We actually went a couple weeks after Mothers Day cuz it worked out better. So we left last Sunday and just returned on Thursday. It was so nice to go up there and hang out with them, especially since Lily hadn't seen them since Thanksgiving.

We had a long day Sunday flying there. We had to leave to go to the airport at 7:30 AM, and we didn't get to Colorado until 3:30 PM Mountain time. We had a layover in Salt Lake City, so Lily had to deal with two flights. Fortunately she took a nap in between the flights, and that helped. The first flight wasn't super full, so we had an extra seat next to us, and that was really nice too - Lily had more room to play around and we didn't have to worry about bothering anyone too much. On the second flight, we had a very recently returned missionary sit next to us who was all gung-ho on converting us when he heard we were from Seattle, only to be disappointed to learn we were already members. :)

Lily warmed up to her Lemmon grandparents really quickly. Sunday afternoon was spent mostly resting, hanging out, catching up. We all went to bed pretty early. Monday was Memorial Day, so both of Ben's parents had the day off. They took us to breakfast and then we all went to a park and played Frisbee Golf. Afterwards it was Lily's nap time, and that afternoon Ben and his Dad played racquetball while Lily and I went swimming. It was kind of cold, so Lily didn't have as great a time as I was hoping she would. But she still enjoyed it.

Tuesday both parents had to go to work, so Ben and I were on our own in the morning. Ben helped his mom out by digging in the backyard for a flower bed, and Lily and I just played outside. Ben's dad got home in the late morning (he'd gotten off work early), and Ben's mom got home around 4:30. As soon as she was home we all went to Maggiano's. If you haven't been there yet, we all highly recommend it. It's fantastic. We always get the Family style, where you can order two appetizers, two salads, two pasta dishes, two main dishes, and two desserts. It's a set price per person, and the best part is, they keep bringing more out once you finish it. So you only get two choices per dish no matter how many people have with you, but it's all you can eat, and it's really delicious food! We recommend the chicken and spinach manicotti, and always always get the cheesecake for dessert. Sooooo yummy!

Wednesday was more park and frisbee golf, and racquetball and swimming. We also played Phase 10 (since I'm so modest, I won't mention how I won) before going to bed that night. So, a pretty low-key visit, no big excursions or anything, but it was a lot of fun just being able to hang out with Ben's parents, and Lily had a great time too. We had to wake up way too early (4:20!!) Thursday morning, but we got home safe and sound. It was a great trip, and nice to get away for a few days. And now for pictures! I apologize for the not-so-flattering pictures of myself that will be in here. :)

Colorado 027
Listening to music with Daddy on the plane.

Colorado 036
Playing peek-a-boo with the safety information sheet. She also kept pretending it was a hat.

Colorado 041
The park, Monday morning.

Colorado 046

Colorado 063

Colorado 051
I look way too intense for a simple Frisbee Golf game.

Colorado 064

Colorado 068

Colorado 069
The only swimming picture I could get cuz I didn't want to bring the camera to the pool with me and risk getting it wet (it was only Lily and me in the pool).

Colorado 139
I didn't get any pictures of Lily with her grandparents, I don't know why, so when Ben's mom dropped us off at the airport Thursday morning I got a couple of Lily with her Grandma before we left. This one is my favorite.

I also have a whole bunch of when Lily, Ben and I were outside playing Tuesday morning, but there's so many I'm gonna do a separate post of just those pictures. Sorry Mom and Dad Lemmon that I didn't get more pictures with you guys and Lily together. I'll do better next time!

No comments: